The purpose of homework is:
- To encourage pupils to develop the skills, confidence and motivation needed for lifelong independent learning.
- To consolidate skills and understanding.
- To extend learning beyond the classroom e.g. through additional reading and research.
- To manage particular demands, such as GCSE deadlines.
How to support your child:
- Doing learning activities at home - not necessarily helping with homework, but keeping to homework routines and offering a hand where needed.
- Taking an interest and supporting learning at home - not repeating school work but reinforcing it with fun family learning like trips, books and games.
- Keeping track of how well your child is doing and encouraging and supporting them to set their goals high enough to reach their full potential.
- Every lunchtime in Inclusion.
- Thursday lunchtime ICT 2 Years 7-9.
- Wednesday after school Inclusion.
- Library until 4pm Monday – Wednesday all years.
- ICT rooms available as per timetable all years.
Who to contact
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Downloads and links
The links below take you to generic information from the Department of Education about how to support your child’s learning at home and links to useful websites.