Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
- Safeguarding includes child protection, health care plans, health and safety, site security, safety on school trips, anti-bullying work and so much more.
The school’s Safeguarding Team consists of: Mrs Sue Gledhill (Designated Safeguarding Lead) and Mrs Alison Boardman ('Back-up' Designated Safeguarding Lead).
The school adheres to the following three DFE safeguarding documents:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016
- The Prevent Duty 2015
The school has a suite of Safeguarding documents which are reviewed regularly. These are:
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.